Right across the river, the eight people running for Seattle Mayor shared a stage – a long table, really – tonight at South Seattle Community College‘s Georgetown campus, facing a standing-room-only audience for what organizers dubbed the Super South Seattle Mayor’s Forum. Three local Democratic organizations – the 11th District Democrats (whose jurisdiction includes South Park), the 34th District Democrats, and the 37th District Democrats. Our video includes the entire hour-and-a-half event. Candidates in attendance were, left to right across the screen, Councilmembers Tim Burgess and Bruce Harrell, Kate Martin, Mary Martin, Mayor Mike McGinn, State Sen. Ed Murray, Charlie Staadecker, and Peter Steinbrueck. Not all questions were posed to all candidates; about 46 minutes in, you can see how several answered a question about the homeless encampment that calls itself “Nickelsville.”
14TH/CLOVERDALE TRAFFIC CAM
1ST AVE. BRIDGE TRAFFIC CAM
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
Looking for something?
- Congratulations, Duwamish Rowing Club youth program! Green Lake regatta success
- Seattle Fire, City Light responding to transformer problem
- Concerns about crime/policing in South Park? ‘Focus group’ next Monday
- Arson suspect arrested in South Park apartment fire
- New Seattle Parks and Recreation superintendent coming to South Park