A year-plus project between the 1st Avenue South Bridge and the West Seattle Bridge is now one month away. WSDOT has set the date for the start of work to rebuild the “Timber Bridge” on Highway 99, as explained here. February 25th is the date set for work to begin. As the project page points out, this section of highway was built as a temporary structure more than half a century ago. It will be rebuilt in two phases so that traffic can continue to get through: “Traffic will be reduced to two northbound lanes and one southbound lane between South Nevada Street and the West Seattle Bridge from Feb. 25 through June 2014,” says WSDOT..
14TH/CLOVERDALE TRAFFIC CAM
1ST AVE. BRIDGE TRAFFIC CAM
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
Looking for something?
From the event calendar
6:30 pm ¡Hora de Cuentos! (Spanish Family Story Time)
¡Hora de Cuentos! (Spanish Famil…
Jun 10 @ 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
¡Es una hora de cuentos para los niños y sus familias! (It’s Spanish Story Time for children and their families!) Niños y sus familias están [...]
7:00 pm South Park Neighborhood Association meeting
South Park Neighborhood Associat…
Jun 10 @ 7:00 pm
Every second Tuesday – see you there! (More info on SPNA, here.)
- See you at the park for today’s South Park Pride Picnic
- South Park Bridge / Seattle Pride festivities overlap: County won’t change
- Followup: Hash oil found at trailer-fire scene, SPD says
- The date is set! June 30th for opening of the new bridge – 4th anniversary of the old one’s closure – but the party’s on June 29th
- Update: Candle blamed for South Park fire that sent woman to hospital
Newest TSPN comments