In case you saw or heard about this and wondered what was happening … According to the Washington State Patrol, a 76-year-old man was hit and killed while walking on northbound Highway 99 just before the 1st Avenue South Bridge Monday night. A media-information report from WSP says a 61-year-old Seattle woman driving a Cadillac Seville hit him first in the right lane; he landed in the HOV lane, and a 52-year-old Normandy Park woman driving a Ford Exposition hit him there. Her car wasn’t damaged but the Cadillac had to be towed. No one was hurt aside from the pedestrian, who was declared dead at the scene. The State Patrol is investigating why he was walking on the highway.
14TH/CLOVERDALE TRAFFIC CAM
1ST AVE. BRIDGE TRAFFIC CAM
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
Looking for something?
- Congratulations, Duwamish Rowing Club youth program! Green Lake regatta success
- Seattle Fire, City Light responding to transformer problem
- Concerns about crime/policing in South Park? ‘Focus group’ next Monday
- Arson suspect arrested in South Park apartment fire
- New Seattle Parks and Recreation superintendent coming to South Park