When Sustainable Seattle gathered at Discovery Park last night to present its annual awards, one went to Stockbox Grocers – in the category of “vitalizing local sustainable economies.” The category was intended to honor people or entities that “(d)uring the past year, helped forge the path towards a sustainable local economy, through direct actions, leadership, or through encouragement of others.” Stockbox has been open on 14th Avenue South for three months now, after operating a smaller, experimental store in West Seattle’s Delridge neighborhood last year as a pilot project. Congratulations on the award!
14TH/CLOVERDALE TRAFFIC CAM
1ST AVE. BRIDGE TRAFFIC CAM
Looking for something?
- TUESDAY: Secrets of efficient 911 calls
- HAPPENING NOW: Fire Station 26 open house
- UPDATE: Fire at vacant house in South Park; 14th Ave. S. blamed on ‘transient activity’
- Scenes from Water Festival, Day 1, and a look ahead to Day 2
- Water Festival this weekend at Duwamish Waterway Park, as part of Duwamish Revealed