When Sustainable Seattle gathered at Discovery Park last night to present its annual awards, one went to Stockbox Grocers – in the category of “vitalizing local sustainable economies.” The category was intended to honor people or entities that “(d)uring the past year, helped forge the path towards a sustainable local economy, through direct actions, leadership, or through encouragement of others.” Stockbox has been open on 14th Avenue South for three months now, after operating a smaller, experimental store in West Seattle’s Delridge neighborhood last year as a pilot project. Congratulations on the award!
14TH/CLOVERDALE TRAFFIC CAM
1ST AVE. BRIDGE TRAFFIC CAM
Looking for something?
- Congratulations, Duwamish Rowing Club youth program! Green Lake regatta success
- Seattle Fire, City Light responding to transformer problem
- Concerns about crime/policing in South Park? ‘Focus group’ next Monday
- Arson suspect arrested in South Park apartment fire
- New Seattle Parks and Recreation superintendent coming to South Park