Happening tomorrow (with a preview for another crime/safety-related event next month), as announced on the Yahoo! list by Lora Suggs:
911 BEST PRACTICES
You will be surprised to learn what you didn’t know about calling 911 effectively and for best results.
Come to learn:
• When to call
• How calls are prioritized.
• What info you can provide to move your call to where it belongs in that prioritization.
• How 911 Operators operate, learn how to better communicate what they need
• What to look for when witnessing a crime
• How to give details that will empower Officers
• How to find out what happened to your call (response time, results, etc.)
Come learn about all this and more.
We will have Refreshments, Child Care and Spanish Interpretation. The event is FREE!
And mark your calendars for part 2 ► CPTED which stands for Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design. Sept 22 @ 6 to 8pm
The physical design of your neighborhood and your own property, its layout, lighting, building and maintenance, can affect the levels of crime and fear in your neighborhood and home. The Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design or CPTED training on Sept 22nd will give you great information on the steps you can take to reduce crime in South Park and YOUR own HOME.
►The purpose of these 2 events are to gain knowledge on how we can better help ourselves, ►it will not be a forum to air grievances against the police. We would really appreciate your support on that. We hope you will come!
Hosted by the South Park Neighborhood Association with SP Merchants Assoc, The SP Business Assoc, The Community Center and SPD.